Founded in 1983 in suburban Kansas City, ICA began as a provider of state of the art insulation products and services for various commercial structures. Among its key early clients were AMC Entertainment, who retained ICA to insulate its movie theaters across the country, and Strohs Brewing, whose beverage distribution centers were sorely in need of a proven climate control solution. As the years and projects passed, ICA continued to perfect its insulation process. Two patents were subsequently obtained for its Energy Miser® ceiling and wall insulation systems.
A love of the game led the company to tennis facilities – structures that were well suited to the insulation system that ICA had developed. After years of working in tennis facilities as insulators, the firm ultimately became an expert resource to the industry for lighting, netting, equipment and facility components.
By 1989, ICA was the provider of choice for facility renovation services to the tennis industry. In 1996 ICA began providing design-build new construction services to the tennis industry. This turnkey approach provided to club owners a single-source solution to their facility needs. Butler pre-engineered steel buildings became the centerpiece of ICA’s design, providing to owners a cost-effective and high-quality structure in which to house their tennis operations. In 1997, ICA expanded its expertise from tennis to include all indoor sports, recreation, commercial and aviation facilities.
ICA is headquartered in Kansas City and maintains a second office in New York, from which we provide professional design, construction, renovation and planning services to our clients in the northeast and across the U.S. ICA’s professional services include:
Not only can ICA design and build award-winning, state-of-the-art facilities on time and within budget, ICA’s signature product line provides precisely the right finishing touch to the interior. ICA’s signature product line currently includes:
- Design – conceptual, schematic, construction documents, RFPs, turnkey design/build services, architectural and engineering services
- Construction – turnkey design, construction management, critical path method (CPM) computerized scheduling, permitting, project management, budgeting
- Renovations – court/facility conversions for change of revenue stream, modernization, energy efficiency upgrades, lighting, equipment and other mechanical upgrades
- Consulting – conceptual design and estimating, planning and design, lighting evaluations, pre-construction services, architectural services, coordination with other engineering disciplines, e.g. civil, geotechnical, MES
Click here to view full Statement of Qualifications.
- Energy Miser® Insulated Ceiling & Wall System – the product upon which ICA was founded, the Energy Miser® system, developed in partnership with Owens Corning Fiberglas, reduces heating and cooling costs, controls condensation when used with ventilation, improves aesthetics, enhances lighting output, and is tough enough to withstand the impact of even the fastest traveling but misguided tennis ball, hockey puck, or any other projectile.
- Elite Lighting Systems – as the industry’s performance leader, Elite lighting provides maximum output and durability at a reduced cost. Designed around the 2005 National Electric Code compliant 1000-watt protected lamp, the Elite fixture uses a polished reflector inside a spun steel fixture to deliver the highest output ratings of any indirect fixture.
- Butler Builder – ICA is a certified Butler Builder. As such, we can design, specify and construct the state-of-the-art pre-engineered steel structures. Exterior and interior finish options provide unlimited design potential to customize the appearance of the building for a variety of uses and settings.
- SportsFlex® Air Supported Structures – through acquisition and joint development efforts with Thermo-flex, the SportsFlex air-supported structures, often referred to as "bubbles," offer season-extending (and revenue-generating) solutions to outdoor facilities.
- SportsFrame® Building Systems – developed in conjunction with Butler Manufacturing Co., the framing systems allow for more recreation area with cost-effective structural spans and adequate loads to carry all necessary sports equipment.
- Carrier® Custom Heating & Cooling Systems – developed jointly by ICA and Carrier, this high-efficiency HVAC system features a unique package of Carrier components designed to control both temperature and moisture in sports facilities.
- Court Equipment – strategic alliances with key manufacturers of sporting goods ensure that ICA gets the highest quality components and equipment at competitive prices. Excel curtains and dividers, high-tension wire, safety pads, basketball goals, volleyball equipment, nets, posts and goals are just the beginning.
- Feasibility Studies - ICA takes the guesswork out of new projects by providing Demographic Studies, Financial Feasibility Analysis, and Construction Feasibility Analysis, including Zoning Envelope Studies. These studies have allowed clients to avoid poor locations, obtain financing for projects, and improve profitability of new and existing facilities.